Suffering an Unfair Job Loss is Tough, our california employment attorneys can help.

Elder Abuse Lawsuit Raises Concerns For Many Families

October 24, 2015

A recent story from Northern California by the Bay area news group has caught our attention here at Howard Law and it reminds us that elder abuse is absolutely intolerable, and those who are responsible for it should be held accountable.

The story, which came out this past week is about a lawsuit filed by the family of an elderly woman against a San Pablo care facility citing elder abuse, neglect, and fraud.

At the heart of the matter is the poor care given to 85 year old Ruth Thrower, who was a resident of Vale Healthcare Center before her recent death. According to the lawsuit, the facility did not notify Ms. Thrower’s family when she fell and broke her hip, nor did they provide adequate medical care for the women by not assessing her injuries in a timely fashion and not taking Ms. Thrower to the hospital until the day after the injury.

The family claims that Ms. Thrower’s death, which came about a month after her accident, was a direct result of inadequate care provided by Vale Healthcare Center.

The case revolving around Ms. Thrower’s unfortunate situation brings into discussion things that all of us should be aware of when looking for signs of elder abuse or neglect.

If you have a parent or loved one in a nursing home, or adult care facility, here are a few things you should be looking for that could be an indication of elder abuse at the facility:

  • Bruises
  • Abrasions
  • Burns
  • An unexpected change in normal behavior
  • A sudden withdrawal from activities
  • Unusual Depression
  • Suddenly becoming emotional
  • Deterioration in hygiene

The attorneys at Howard Law, PC want everyone to know that they should trust their instincts when it comes elder abuse as the signs can often be subtle and difficult to detect.

If you feel that someone you care about is the victim of elder abuse please call us immediately – we are here to help you, but you we can’t do that until you make the call at 1-800-872-5925.